Welcome to my recipe portion! Am I going to give you a background of why I started cooking? Fuck no. Am I going to give a long ass story before getting to the part that you’re all looking for? Fuck no. Am I going to post pics? Probably fucking not. Let’s get started.
I typically cook for 2 servings. I would block out an hour and a half to make this. The cooking in the oven is what takes the longest. Cooking on the stove is super quick so ensure all the ingredients are prepped.
- -1 ribeye or filet mignon – thickness of about 2-4 inches
- -salt to taste
- -pepper to taste
- -2 tbs of canola oil
- -4 tbs of butter + 2 tbs (for steak butter) – optional
- -5 garlic cloves – peeled and smashed
- -4 sprigs of rosemary
- -2 sprigs of thyme
- -2 tbs of blue cheese (for steak butter) – optional
- -Dash of sea salt (for steak butter) – optional
- 1) Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- 2) Place the steak in a cast iron skillet (or pan that can go into the oven).
- 3) Heavily season each side of the steak with salt and pepper – rub in with your hands.
- 4) Bake for about 45 minutes (for 2 inches) or longer for a thicker or more done steak. *Medium rare temperature is 130-135 degrees on the inside.*
- 5) Move the steak to a plate.
- 6) On the stove, add in the canola oil to the skillet on high heat.
- 7) Once the oil starts smoking, add the steak back.
- 8) Sear one side for about 20-30 seconds and flip.
- 9) Add the 4 tbs of butter, garlic, rosemary and thyme.
- 10) Swirl the ingredients around the skillet and on top of the steak.
- 11) Using a spoon, base the steak with the butter for about 30 seconds.
- 12) Flip the steak and do the same for 10 seconds.
- 12) Turn the steak on its sides for a 10 seconds each side.
- 14) Remove the steak off to a cutting board and let it rest for 10-15 minutes. DO NOT TOUCH IT.
- 15) STEAK BUTTER (optional) – mix the remaining butter with the blue cheese and a dash of sea salt.
- 16) Cut the steak into thin slices OR leave it as it and put on the plate.
- 17) Drip any excess butter onto the steak or serve with the steak butter on top.
Looking for a side? Try my smashed potato recipe!
Try this out for yourselves, Babes!