Welcome to my recipe portion! Am I going to give you a background of why I started cooking? Fuck no. Am I going to give a long ass story before getting to the part that you’re all looking for? Fuck no. Am I going to post pics? Probably fucking not. Let’s get started.
I typically cook for 2 + leftovers. I would block out 45 minutes to make this. The baking is what takes the longest.
- -1 cabbage (green) – small/medium
- -1 tbs of EVOO (olive oil)
- -Salt to taste
- -Pepper to taste
- -5 tbs of butter
- -2 tbs of garlic or 6 cloves
- -1/2 lemon – squeeze for juice
- -Parmesan cheese – optional for garnish
- 1) Preheat the oven to 400.
- 2) Combine the butter, garlic, salt and pepper (to taste).
- 3) Squeeze half of the lemon into the butter sauce. Add more if you want it a little more sour.
- 4) Remove the first layer of the cabbage.
- 5) Cut the cabbage into 8 even pieces.
- 6) Place foil on the baking sheet and place the cabbage in rows
- 7) Brush both sides with olive oil (doesn’t have to be fully coated).
- 8) Sprinkle salt and pepper also on both sides.
- 9) Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- 10) Take out the baking sheet, add half of the garlic butter sauce and flip the cabbage onto the other side.
- 11) Bake for another 20 minutes.
- 12) Take out the baking sheet, add the rest of the garlic butter sauce.
- 13) Add the parmesan on top.
- 14) Put the cabbage back in the over for 2 more minutes.
- 15) If the cabbage is not tender (with a fork), add more time. Edges should be brown and cabbage should be tender when stabbing with a fork.
- 16) Serve with any type of charcuterie, board, pork, sausage and more!
Try this out for yourselves, Babes!