Welcome to my recipe portion! Am I going to give you a background of why I started cooking? Fuck no. Am I going to give a long ass story before getting to the part that you’re all looking for? Fuck no. Am I going to post pics? Probably fucking not. Let’s get started.
I typically cook for 2 + leftovers. I would block out 45 minutes to an hour to make this. The prep is what takes the longest.
- -1 tbs oil – EVOO, Vegetable or canola
- -1/2 yellow onion – chopped
- -4 oz of mushrooms, sliced – you can do more if you’d like
- -2 tsp of minced garlic
- -1 1/2 lb of chicken – breast or thighs – cut into strips
- -3/4 tsp salt
- -1/2 tsp black pepper
- -4 oz regular cream cheese
- -1/4 cup of chicken broth (low sodium). If not, cut the salt down to 1/2 tsp
- -shredded mozzarella – topping so just need a handful
- -Parsley – chopped (optional) – topping
- 1) Season the chicken with salt & pepper.
- 2) in a large pan or skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 3) Add in onions and mushrooms and sauté until onions start to become translucent ~5 minutes.
- 4) Add in garlic and continue to sauté.
- 5) As the garlic starts to brown the slightest, add in the chicken.
- 6) Sear the chicken so it’s brown on each side.
- 7) Add in the chicken broth and cream cheese.
- 8) Once the cream cheese is melted, reduce heat to low
- 9) Cook for another few minutes until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- 10) Sprinkle parsley (optional)
- 11) Add any additional salt or pepper for taste and remove the chicken from the pan onto a plate.
- 12) Sprinkle the Mozz (optional)
Try this out for yourselves, Babes!