Welcome to my recipe portion! Am I going to give you a background of why I started cooking? Fuck no. Am I going to give a long ass story before getting to the part that you’re all looking for? Fuck no. Am I going to post pics? Probably fucking not. Let’s get started.
I typically cook for 2 + leftovers. I would block out an hour of time to make this. The prep is what takes the longest.
- -2 cups of cooked rice (day old)
- -4 tbs of unsalted butter (3 + 1)
- -1/2 small yellow onion – diced
- -1 + 1/4 cup of kimchi – chopped. I use the cabbage version of kimchi.
- -3 tbs of kimchi juice (less is fine)
- -1/3 spam can- diced
- -2 1/2 tsp of soy sauce
- -1 tsp of sesame oil
- -2 eggs – beat ittt, just beat ittt
- -1 tbs of oil (canola or vegetable)
- -Salt to taste
- -egg – fry over easy to add on top (optional)
- 1) Mix together the soy sauce and sesame oil and set aside.
- 2) In a non-stick pan, bring to a medium heat and melt 3 tbs of butter.
- 3) Add in the onions and stir until the onion start to become translucent (wilted).
- 4) Add in kimchi + kimchi juice and turn the heat up-to high.
- 5) Add in spam and cook for about 5 minutes.
- 6) Add in the rice and break it up to mix easily mix.
- 7) Bring the heat back down to medium and add in the soy sauce/sesame oil mix.
- a) Feel free to add more soy sauce or kimchi juice for taste
- 8) Move the rice to the side and add in the oil + the beaten eggs.
- 9) Stir the eggs so they start to scramble and fold the rice back over the eggs.
- 10) Add in the other 1 tbs of butter and mix together one last time.
- 11) Serve with the fried egg, sesame seeds, nori, additional kimchi, fried shallots, chili oil or whatever your hear desires!
Try this out for yourselves, Babes!