Welcome to my recipe portion! Am I going to give you a background of why I started cooking? Fuck no. Am I going to give a long ass story before getting to the part that you’re all looking for? Fuck no. Am I going to post pics? Probably fucking not. Let’s get started.
I typically cook for 2 + leftovers. I would block out an hour of time to make this. The prep is what takes the longest.
- -8oz dried rice noodles , wide
- -Already made (refrigerated) wide rice noodles – I get this at the asian market
- -2 tbsp oil – I use canola
- -3-4 large cloves of garlic – minced (the more, the merrier)
- -2 tsp of red chili flakes – if you really like heat, you can chop 2 red chili peppers (small kind)
- -1/2 yellow – sliced
- -2 carrots – chopped
- -A small head of broccoli – chopped (optional)
- -Two chicken thighs – cut into bite size pieces (breast is okay too)
- -2 tsp fish sauce
- -2 green onions – chopped
- -1 cup Thai Basil leaves – chopped
SAUCE x 2 (I make 2 bowls)
- -3 tbsp oyster sauce
- -1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- -1 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- -2 tsp sugar
- -1 tbsp water
- 1) Prepare noodles per packet directions OR heat up the already made rice noodles until soft.
- 2) Mix Sauce in a small bowl- I make 2x the sauce to add more at the end
- 3) Heat oil in wok or large skillet over high heat.
- 4) Once hot, add garlic and chili – cook for 20 seconds. The garlic will burn otherwise. You might feel your face burning, that’s the chili! Be careful!
- 5) Lower the heat to medium and add onion, carrots and and any other optional vegetables – cook for 5 minutes.
- 6) Add chicken and fish sauce, and fry until the chicken is cooked- around 2-4 minutes.
- 7) Add green onion, noodles, sauce and cook until the sauce reduces and coats the noodles – 5 minutes. *Add more sauce as needed*. I usually use another 1/3 of the second batch of sauce but it’s up to you.
- 8) Add basil, toss until wilted
Try this out for yourselves, Babes!