Welcome to my recipe portion! Am I going to give you a background of why I started cooking? Fuck no. Am I going to give a long ass story before getting to the part that you’re all looking for? Fuck no. Am I going to post pics? Probably fucking not. Let’s get started.
I typically cook for 2 + leftovers. I would block out an hour of time to make this. The prep is what takes the longest.
- -Butterhead lettuce – you can use romaine if not. Pulled apart, washed and set aside.
- -1 lb ground chicken – you can cut chicken into very small pieces if you don’t have ground
- -1 tbs oil – canola or vegetable
- -1/2 yellow onion- diced
- -1/2 bell pepper (red or green)- diced + you can dice more if you like bell peppers. I do not!
- -4 oz can of diced or minced water chestnut
- -1 tsp chili flakes + more if you like spicy
- -3 tbs soy sauce
- -3 tbs hoisin sauce
- -1 tbs sesame oil
- -1 tbs rice vinegar
- -1 tbs peanut butter – softened
- -2 tsp sweet chili sauce
- -1/2 tsp garlic power
- -1/2 tsp powered ginger
- -handful of crushed peanuts – optional topping
- -beansprouts – optional topping
- 1) In a bowl, whisk together the chili flakes, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, peanut butter, sweet chili sauce, garlic powder and powdered ginger. Set this aside.
- 2) In a non-stick pan, add in 1 tbs of oil (add in another tbs if you don’t have a non-stick) over medium health and add in the ground chicken.
- 3) Once the chicken starts to brown, add in the onion until they start to become translucent (wilt).
- 4) Add in the bell pepper and water chestnut and cook for about 5 minutes.
- 5) Add in the sauce and simmer until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and all ingredients are coated.
- 6) Once done, move the mixture to a bowl and serve with the lettuce!
- 7) You can add peanuts on top of each wrap or bean sprouts for a little crunch.
Try this out for yourselves, Babes!